**August 2015 Update – MegaFood has decided not to produce this awesome and affordable product because of a lack of sales.
Because of this I now recommend the product VeganZyme by Global Healing Center.**
Megazymes digestive enzyme supplements are my number one choice for the simple reason that they work.
Before we get to the product though I want to discuss why in the world would I be taking these and who are they for.
I personally take them for a digestive advantage. It’s an advantage over the lack of digestion.
In my own personal life I found that in my late 30’s I had a harder time digesting certain foods and it all came to a head when I experienced some really yucky episodes where my stomach would not digest anything.
The food just sat there in my stomach for a long time and the food eventually spoiled so to speak and I became very sick.
It happened three times and I really had enough. I called our doctor on the emergency line and he asked me a simple question. Are you taking probiotics? I said yes.
He then asked me if I was taking digestive enzymes for my stomach problems. Now that was a big fat no.
I wasn’t taking them at the time even though I did in the past. I had never had these health issues before. Below is where you can buy it from Amazon at a low price.
Why Others Take Digestive Enzymes and Probiotics
Other people experience bloating, gas and indigestion including heartburn.
This is more common than even the health issues I described above. If you don’t experience these things there is someone else you know guaranteed who does.
I’m not going to get into a health discussion here regarding foods and what we should or shouldn’t eat. It does make a difference but then again there are others like me who do eat super healthy but still experience stomach problems.
So what has happened? We used to be able to eat any food without any problem. If you’re over 30 years of age and experience any of these symptoms then you have something in common with over 30% of all adults.
How Digestive Enzyme Supplements Can Help
You need digestive enzymes because they help you process foods as they pass through your system. These enzymes actually help break down food from larger pieces to smaller pieces.
It’s amazing because each enzyme breaks down a different set of foods such as fats, carbohydrates and proteins.
Your body has trouble producing them naturally if you don’t eat a balanced diet, don’t take in enough vitamins, eating too fast and the process of aging.
What To Look For In a Enzyme Supplement
Based on my personal experience here are some very important things to consider before buying digestive enzyme supplements.
- It should contain different types of enzymes to digest fats, carbs and proteins
- It should absolutely contain amylase and protease
- The ingredients should be as whole food as possible
- The product should have a fully explained label as to what’s in the supplement
- Should come from a quality company with plenty of positive testimonials
These are the most important factors one should consider but there are more.
Instead of having a huge list right here I’m going to share these additional ones as I’m about to tell you the full details of the one I use which is Megazymes digestive enzyme supplements.
Here are the best features of Megazymes Digestive Enzyme Supplements:
100% Whole Food
- Synthetic versions are not only ineffective but completely useless
- Made from real food straight from their farm is what it says on the label
- Whole food supplements absorb and work better and quicker
Free of Allergens That Hurt People
- Free of dairy which cause problems for many like me. I can’t eat eggs
- Free of soy. Whether or not you’re allergic to soy you don’t want to be eating it because it can cause a number of additional health issue
- Free of gluten which is huge for those of us who are to avoid wheat or gluten
- Most supplements are not guaranteed non GMO. This one is
- GMO foods and supplements have been show to cause severe health problems in animals and now humans
- This company is part of the verified Non GMO Project
Probiotics and Herbs are Included
- These will actually soothe your intestines and even work to relieve stomach pain associated with food
- Herbs included are marshmallow root, astragalus root and ginger root
- Probiotic includes Lactobacillus acidophilus
Only Requires 1 Capsule Per Day
- This is huge because many digestive enzymes require three or more capsules per day to be effective
- The capsule is fairly small too which makes it easy to swallow the one per day
- Because it’s one per day a 60 capsule bottle will last two months at an even lower price than most charge you for one month
- For the relief of knowing your stomach will be fine and your food will digest the current price of $23.97 makes this a home run choice
- 100% whole food and totally complete digestive enzyme combined with probiotics and soothing herbs
- Non GMO and free of several common allergens
- Super duper affordable considering I have found it to be the highest quality even compared to other whole food supplements
- I honestly haven’t found any cons yet. If I did I would have mentioned it earlier in this review
- I guess I wish it had higher amounts of each ingredient but what do I know?
- The ratings for this product on Amazon is really good. Really good as in four and a half stars out of five
- The ratings for this compared to the last whole foods digestive enzyme I took are very similar
- The ratings for this product versus other whole foods supplements seem to be more genuine
- Like I said earlier, this product is priced super low compared to other whole food products that are similar. This one is $23.97 for a two month supply. That’s basically 50% lower than the next best
- Because I find this a superior product and company even compared to the next best it’s a no brainer for me because it’s also so much cheaper
My final opinion of the Megazymes digestive enzyme supplements are that I absolutely love them and am so glad they were recommended to me.
The previous brand I was using was becoming too expensive and I was tired to taking three per day. Taking one per day is so much better. I take it with my dinner. I also love how small the capsule actually is too.
Feeling confident about my supplements is huge. Just knowing it’s whole food, non GMO, gluten free and free of so many allergens is a huge relief.
I seriously can’t think of anyone who shouldn’t buy this product. Of course, I’m not a doctor and don’t give advice but if your doctor has already told you to take digestive enzymes then this is the one I think you should try.
Again, here are your choices in either 30 or 60 capsules plus an option to buy them with extra hefty gluten and dairy free people.