I’ve always been into health whether it’s nutrition or exercise. When I got married things shifted a bit and I had one more person to study for to find the best exercises and nutrition.
That’s why I was on a quest to find the best whey protein for women at the time.
That was several years ago. Powdered protein has changed quite a bit in a short amount of time.
At the time we were paying a bundle for a months supply. We usually consumed it as our last meal of the day.
Going to bed full of protein and vitamins was necessary because we worked out at the gym six days a week!
Well, now that we have children we don’t go to the gym that often and we find ourselves working out at home and doing fun exercise activities with the kids.
This still hasn’t changed our desire to find whey protein for women that really helps them. Over the past several years
I’ve studied this subject it seems each time we have a child. When we found out we were having a third child I went into research mode.
What You Don’t Want in Your Whey Protein For Women
Let’s first start with what you never want in your drink:
- Heavy metals – Some powders out there contain extremely high amounts of heavy metals and you don’t want that. Things like cadmium, aluminum, lead and arsenic.
- Heated up – You don’t want whey that is heated up because it destroys the protein and the nutrition you intake is greatly reduced.
- Aspartame – You never want to consume anything that has aspartame or any other fake sweetener.
- Infected cows – Don’t drink whey that is from cows infected with artificial hormones, antibiotics or from cows that eat GMO feed.
- Soy – This ingredient is mostly GMO and very unhealthy for you. Many proteins contain it as a filler.
Is This The Best Whey Protein Powder For Women?
Now that we know what we don’t want let’s look at what you do want. As of today there is only one product that has these specifications. I was shocked when I discovered this.
This product is amazing and I really can’t believe they are the only ones out there doing this. Here is what it has:
- This protein is heavy metal clean. It has no lead, no cadmium, virtually zero mercury, hardly any copper and 10 times lower aluminum verus all other proteins. This was tested in a heavy metals lab certified.
- Cows used from Amish farms. Grass fed, no hormones, pesticides or antibiotics.
- Only other ingredients used are vanilla from vanilla beans, chocolate from raw cacao and strawberry from strawberries. Stevia is used as well which is grown without the use of chemical herbicide or pesticide.
- Their proprietary process produces a completely undenatured whey. It’s not heated up.
- They used something called “Cold-Processing” which means undamaged proteins and amino acids readily available to you body including vital cofactors.
The Best Protein Powder For Women?
The name of the product I’m describing is One World Whey. I’ve had heard of them before but I never researched them until now.
I’m amazed at what quality this product has and how it’s great for men and women. As a husband who cares about the health of my spouse I can’t recommend another whey protein. This is the one.
Look below for options. There is vanilla, chocolate and strawberry normally. Right now strawberry isn’t available for some reason but when it’s back in stock you’ll be able to find it here.
Note: These are the updated 2017 versions of One World Whey. They are always at the cutting edge of supplementation.
Here is a video worth watching to get a better idea of why I think this is the best whey protein for women and men.
You might also be interested in this video which discusses the heavy metals in proteins but not in One World Whey.
Another Excellent Choice
If it weren’t for One World Whey I would choose this as the best.
You can’t go wrong with organic, grass fed whey protein. It’s also non-GMO and gluten free which is important because both of those can cause gut issues.
This product is super clean.
Not only that but it’s also very affordable which you don’t find with One World Whey.
Final Thoughts on Whey Protein For Women
My wife will tell you straight up that it’s been important for her to have a super, high quality protein shake just about every day.
After a workout it’s been great for her and just a mid-day type of snack too.
In conclusion, you’ve seen my recommendations above. Try them both and see what you think.